Thursday, January 19, 2012

Caught In the Middle - Hair Drama

To my Naturalistas,
this is the problem that i am having right now. My hair is doing its own thing in terms of growing. Which on one hand i am rejoycing that i have hair and then on the other is this feeling of being unsatisfied bc it is not longer is creeeeeeping up on me.

     I mean just as i am getting settled with the fact that I have come this far and should be glad about it. The other thought is becoming louder and Louder and LOUDER in my ear. So while staring at my self in the mirrori began to think of the things that i could do. Then i glanced over some pictures of me and others for some styles that would hopefully inspire me to create something that will last at least a week.
    
And immediately im like, you ungrateful heifer; there was a time when looking at styles was like 'i can't wait till i can do that', and here i am actually saying 'no, im bored with that i want something new' lol.
What nerve i have right, lol. I mean we do as sistas and people in general have to humble ourselves. This way we can enjoy the ride and not despise the small or in my case slow beginnings or journey.

I began to cheer up as i thanked God for what he had done and reminded myself of the fact that i began this journey not so i could do differ things with my hair as the main focus but to obtain healthy strong hair that can withstand my life style as well as knowledge of what makes me - ME!!!

So now with a renewed mindset i can set back off on the journey to find inspiration, not for the look alone yet just cuz i can.

Hope this helps someone bc it surely blessed me.
Psalms 139:14(kjv) " i will praise thee; for i am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvellous are thy works; and that my soul knoweth right well."

Smuchies & God Bless You

No comments:

Post a Comment